|[Manastone] A Decent Offer|
|Given by|| |
in Morheim Ice Fortress
|In-game Link||[quest: 2338]|
Take your extra manastones to Mael and exchange them for a new one.
Quest Information Edit
Basic Reward Edit
- 1,200 XP
After getting the quest, collect the required number of manastones. Return to Mael to collect your reward.
Initial Dialogue Edit
- "Until you get the hang of it, removing a manastone is a tricky business. But it's like anything else: practice enough and it becomes second nature.
- I figured out at an early age that I wasn't meant for hard labor or dangerous work, so being a manastone remover is the perfect profession for me.
- Every once in a while, though, I feel like I'm not contributing enough to the glory of Asmodae. You ever feel that way?"
- "Not really, no."
- "My fellow manastone removers are trying to synthesize more powerful manastones. I suppose that's the sort of thing I should get involved with if I want to contribute, eh?
- We need as many HP +40, Accuracy +16, and Block +16 manastones as we can get. Bring me all three types, and I'll give you another manastone as a reward.
- I'm just the collector--I don't know how the synthesis process works. But it seems like a win-win situation, right?"
- "You remember which three kinds we need, right? The HP +40, Accuracy +16, and Block +16 manastones are useful to us.
- You'd think one manastone is as good as another, but they tell me the slightest differences matter. "But they're all the same when I pry 'em out of the socket," I reply.
- They haven't explained that part very well, have they? Maybe that's why I'm a manastone remover, not a manastone maker.
- "On my way!"
- "I know trading three manastones to get one doesn't sound like a great deal, but I'll bet [Player Class] like you have manastones practically falling out of your cube.
Reward Dialogue Edit
- "I should probably learn more about this whole "manastone synthesis" project my colleagues are working on, huh? I never was much of a student, though.
- Well, I guess I'm doing my part by collecting extra manastones from Daevas like you.
- Show me what manastones you've gathered...."
- "Here are the manastones."
Failed Item Check Edit
- "These look different...and not just because I haven't yanked them out of a socket with my trusty pliers.
- What did my instructions say? Oh, yeah: HP +40, Accuracy +16, and Block +16 manastones.
- Come back when you've got the right ones."
- "On my way."
Successful Item Check Edit
- "I checked these three manastones you gave me, and they're just what we need.
- Here's a new manastone in exchange. That was the deal, right?
- Come back whenever you've got each kind of manastone...and remember, it's for the war effort!"
- "Wait just a second, there's a follow-up question I'm supposed to ask you. Let me see, what was it...
- Ah, yes. "Thank you, [Player Name]. Would you like to trade another set of HP +40, Accuracy +16, and Block +16 manastones?"
- Well that seems simple enough, right? How about it?"
- "Perhaps later."
Failed Item Check Edit
"These...these don't look quite right, I'm afraid. The list says, "HP +40, Accuracy +16, Block +16." Pretty clear implication that we need all three to continue. Don't blame me, I didn't make the rules. I'm just a messenger. But I can't reward you until you bring the right items.
- "No problem. I'll be back."
Mael offered to exchange the manastones you don't use for a useful manastone.
You gave her HP +40, Accuracy +16, and Shield Defense +16 manastones, exchanging them for something more useful.
External Links Edit