|A Settler's Ambition|
|Given by|| Heltinjola |
in Vifrost Bridge
|In-game Link||[quest: 4976]|
Quest Information Edit
Basic Reward Edit
Travel to Baltasar Hill Village in Brustonin, and speak with each of the NPCs. Return to Pandaemonium and speak to Heltinjola to collect your reward.
Initial Dialogue Edit
- "Did you see the public notice the other day? "Brustonin welcomes new settlers as part of the Third Reconstruction Project," is what it said. As soon as I saw it, I knew it was for me.
- I'm not sure if you know this, but I'm the only one in my family who hasn't ascended as a Daeva. My parents raised me in Pandaemonium so that I wouldn't get hurt, not because I earned it.
- Lately, I feel I'm stuck somewhere I don't belong. It's like being in one of those crystal prisons. Safe, but trapped. If I never ascend, I'll die here without ever...feeling normal."
- "Why Brustonin?"
- "I want to challenge myself, really. If I die, I'll miss my chance, and if I ascend it won't be a challenge anymore. So I'm htinking of starting a new life as a settler.
- The notice said a settler has to be qualified, but it didn't say what the requirements are. I send more than a few letters to the people in charge, but I haven't heard back.
- If you're on your way to Brustonin, can you ask them if I qualify? It would mean a lot."
- "Thanks you! The notice said Sridi, Heintz, and Phyper are the people in charge. I guess you could ask any or all of them if I qualify.
- If they ask, I'm really quite good at tailoring, cooking , and playing music...and I can use a dagger! I'm no warrior, but I think I can handle myself.
- Anyway, have a safe trip. Hurry back!"
- "See you soon."
- "Oh, I thought I heard you mention Brustonin. My mistake.
- Sorry I wasted your time. I guess you can go."
- "Pandaemonium's not so bad..."
Intermediate Dialogue Edit
- "Azphelumbra, [Player Name]. I've heard a lot about you.
- I was hoping that you's come here someday to help us out. I guess I don't have to worry about the Undead anymore, eh?"
- "I'm here on someone's behalf."
- "Heltinjola? Of course, I remember her ridiculous letters. I threw them out.
- A settler needs farming skills, fighting skills, things like that. I think she said she can use a dagger? Who can't? Every Asmodian child learns to use a dagger. It's worthless in a place like this.
- Here's what you need to tell her--she needs to wake up and start thinking about marriage, not Brustonin."
- "I'll tell her that."
- " You have a warm energy, Daeva. Perhaps you'd like to settle here? You'd make an excellent Guardian [Player Class] for Ervin."
- "Heltinjola sent me."
- "Who? Sorry, the name doesn't sound familiar. Look, I get hundreds of application letters a day. I've already contacted those with useful skills.
- If this Heltinjola person hasn't received a reply, it means she doesn't qualify. Not everyone has what it takes.
- You, on the other hand.... Are you sure you don't want to settle here? A Daeva would earn privileges the others don't get. Think about it?"
- "I'll do that."
- "Greetings, Daeva. I thought I heard a stranger arrive. Are you here on settlement business? We've had a lot of interest lately."
- "This girl sent me...."
- "Heltinjola? Ah, the persistent one from Pandaemonium. I thought it was a prank, since she sent a letter every day. She was real?
- Hmmm.... It's a pity. Persistence is a virtue, but aside from that she doesn't have any useful skills. A settler must be able to farm but she's never even seeen a seed, much less sown one.
- Please tell her to stop wasting paper on letters. The Elim will be cross with her."
- "I'll give her the news."
Reward Dialogue Edit
- "Oh, it's you! Have you been to Brustonin?
- Did you meet the settlement people? Tell me--did they get my letters? Am I qualified?
- Please, I'm dying to know!"
- "Sorry to say this..."
- "Oh, I.. I didn't...
- You know, part of me expected this. After all, I've been here my whole life. What do I know of the world?
- I'm not going to blame my parents, though. They got me here, but it's up to me to get out. I don't know what Fate has in store, but I'm not giving up. Now that I know my weaknesses, I can work on them. I'll be a settler yet!"
Heltinjola said she wanted to leave her parents and start a new life as a settler in Brustonin.
On her behalf, you spoke with Sridi, Heintz, and Phyper in Baltasar Hill Village about Heltinjola. They said she didn't qualify as a settler.
You told Heltinjola the news, and she said she would work on her weaknesses and try again.