The outer halves of Atreia are known as Balaurea. They are heavily influenced by Drana and act as a home to both the Reians and the Balaur. The regions of Balaurea serve as the main playground for characters of level 50 and above.
- Inggison (Elyos influence)
- Gelkmaros (Asmodian influence)
- Silentera Canyon (Contested)
- Sarpan (Reian homeland. Destroyed)
- Tiamaranta (Balaur influence; stronghold of Dragon Lord Tiamat. After her death Reian influence. Destroyed)
- Katalam (Danuar influence. Contested. Destroyed)
- Danaria (Danuar influence. Shugo Commerce Union's influence. Destroyed)
- Idian Depths (Danuar influence. Contested/Balaur influence)
- Levinshor (Balaur influence; Tiamat’s seat of power prior to ascension as a Dragon Lord. Contested)
- Kaldor (Danuar influence. Contested)
- Cygnea (Sunken in the ocean. Elyos influence)
- Enshar (Sunken in the ocean. Asmodian influence)
- Monsters become increasingly tougher.
- Instances become longer and tougher (and timed in some cases) but also offer tremendously better rewards. Groups will begin to set minimum gear/stat requirements.
- Shared maps; more emphasis on the game's PvPvE aspect.
- Flight transportation has a reduced role. Instead, players primarily use a network of various transportation methods (direct teleportation, windstreams, geysers, portals, etc.) present on maps to get around.
- Balaur will hold a more relevant role.