|Dispatch to Altgard|
|Given by|| |
in Great Temple
|In-game Link||[quest: 2901]|
Talk with and receive your first mission as a Daeva.
Quest Information Edit
Basic Reward Edit
- 1,500 XP
Optional Reward Edit
Speak with your skill trainer in the Great Temple to obtain the quest. Travel to Vifrost Bridge and speak with Doman to update quest. Now travel to Altgard and give Meiyer Kalsten's Recommendation to complete the quest and receive reward.
Initial Dialogue Edit
- "Most people ascend to become Daevas after they receive a powerful shock to the system. It's like striking flints together and making a spark. That friction--that clash--gives you power.
- What brought about your ascension, [Player Name]?"
- "Munin? The same Munin who was exiled from Pandaemonium?
- No wonder people have been muttering about you. Word to the wise--keep your mouth shut about Munin.
- A lot of Daevas resent of ridicule Munin, you see. Prophecies about the Thirteenth Empyrean Lord? Honestly..."
- "Thirteenth Empyrean Lord?"
- "I'm not about to discuss heresies like the Thirteenth Empyrean Lord with you. Like I said, Munin's name stinks here. People have long memories.
- So forget about that old fool and figure out how you're going to prove your worth as a Daeva. We don't think much of fancy talk or empty boasts around here.
- That reminds me--I've got your first posting. Congratulations! You are hereby ordered to make haste to Altgard Fortress."
- "Altgard is rough. It's mostly ice and forest...and things with claws and teeth. Someone doesn't want you to have an easy ride, I'll bet.
- You can take a tough first posting as a compliment--our superiors think you're capable. Or you could see it as a warning--a warning about consorting with the likes of Munin.
- Either way, you know what's expected of you. You'll pack up and head to Altgard right away, I expect?"
- "Take this letter of recommendation and haul over to Altgard Fortress on the double. When you arrive, give the letter to Centurion Meiyer, and he'll[sic] show you around.
- Getting to Altgard Fortress is easy. Just ask Doman in the Gate of Pandaemonium. He'll fire up his teleporter and send you off.
- One other thing...try to stay out of way. He doesn't exactly nurture new Daevas, if you know what I mean."
- "On my way!"
- "Technically, you're not obliged to follow orders. Technically, that is...
- Pandaemonium doesn't run on technicalities, though. You don't want to be known as "[Player Name], Daeva of Freeloaders"--do you?
- When your spine ascends to join the rest of you, get to Altgard Fortress. Until then, stay out of my sight."
Intermediate Dialogue Edit
- "Nice to see you at last, [Player Name]. I was starting to wonder...sometimes new Daevas can't cope with the responsibility that accompanies those wings.
- Altgard Fortress, is it? Good. More meat for the grinder! When you're ready to go, just say the word."
- "I'm ready."
Reward Dialogue Edit
- "The new Daeva from Pandaemonium...hmmm. Welcome to the Altgard Fortress!
- already written to me about you. Looks like he thought you could use a guiding hand. "Go easy on [Player Name]," it says here. "Relatively inexperienced. Recent ascension."
- There's too much father and not enough soldier in ol' Heimdall."
- "Here's my letter of recommendation."
- "The paperwork is all in order. Did Brigade General Suthran give you your assignment yet? Get over there as soon as you can.
- Hurry! You don't want to hear Suthran's "more disappointed than angry" speech."
When Kalsten asked you what made you ascend, you explained that Munin's prophecy was the trigger. Kalsten advised you not to mention Munin's name in Pandaemonium.
Ordering you to go to the Altgard Fortress, Kalsten gave you a recommendation letter. You went to Altgard Fortress and met Centurion Meiyer.