|Given by|| |
in Verteron Citadel
|In-game Link||[quest: 1135]|
(Click to enlarge)
Gaione was ordered to catch nine thousand potcrabs in one thousand days if he wanted to become a Daeva again. Catch nine potcrabs for Gaione to help him reach his goal.
Quest Information Edit
- Catch Mud Potcrabs for Gaione, a Daeva in the form of a Tog (0/9).
- Talk with Gaione, who has been turned into a Tog.
Basic Reward Edit
Talk with Gaione to obtain quest. Kill the required Mud Potcrabs. Report back to Gaione to receive reward.
- Note: Gaione is a roaming NPC and patrols counter-clockwise around the fortress. When locating Gaione, the pathfinding X marker will point to the front of Verteron Citadel until you are close enough to his actual location. If he is not at the marker, he is either patrolling or has been killed.
Initial Dialogue Edit
- "Once I was like you...a Daeva.
- I took my ascension for granted, though, because both my parents had been Daevas I never had to work for anything."
- "That's fascinating, but why are you a Tog?"
- "I'm coming to that! I was to watch for the Krall at the Ellun River Mouth, but I was bored. I hadn't seen any Krall for hours, so I took a little nap. When I woke up...smoke and footprints told the story.
- They left me alive and sleeping while they took the citadel. I guess they thought it was funny....
- The commanders in Sanctum were furious. They...well, you can see what they did."
- "Sounds like you deserved it. Farewell."
- "Wait! Daeva, wait! They gave me another chance! If I catch nine thousand Mud Potcrabs in a thousand days, they'll make me a Daeva again!
- I try to catch them, but I'm so clumsy in this body! I keep falling over my hooves!
- Maybe you can help me? I'm not asking you to catch them all--only nine of them! That's not too much to ask!"
- "Thank you, [Player Name].
- I'm far short of the nine thousand potcrabs I need, so you're welcome to hunt a few more than nine...."
- "The task is mine."
- In the name of mercy, please! You don't know what it's like! This endless hunting, killing, hunting, killing....
- I know I failed in my duty, but don't leave me trapped in this nightmare!"
- "Best of luck."
Reward Dialogue Edit
- "Did you hunt the Mud Potcrabs like you promised?
- I'm sure you did! [Player Class]s like you wouldn't lie!"
- "I did."
- "Thank you, thank you!
- As soon as I become a Daeva again, I'll repay all your kindness!"
You met a talking Tog near the citadel. He said that he was originally a Daeva and was turned into a Tog as a punishment for dereliction of duty.
He asked you to help fulfil[sic] his mission to catch Mud Potcrabs, so that he could turn into a Daeva again.