|Know Your Enemy|
|Given by|| |
in Mahindel Swamp
|In-game Link||[quest: 2021]|
Order: Meet Taora and figure out what the Black Claw Tribe are up to.
Quest Information Edit
- Talk with .
- Transform into a Mau and examine the big totem in the Black Claw Outpost.
- Examination complete! Go back to Taora.
- Go to the Black Claw Outpost and destroy . (0/3)
- Report the result to Taora.
- Go back to Altgard Fortress and report the result to .
Basic Reward Edit
Optional Reward Edit
After talking to Taora, she will transform you into a disguised Mau. Run to the big totem and you will update. Return to Taora - be ready as your disguise will drop near the entrance. You can jump off to the side and float to Taora. To destroy the Zemurru totems, you will likely need a group to kill the elites that guard them. Destroy three (they respawn quickly so you can just stay near one). Report back to Taora, who sends you back to Altgard Fortress to report to Suthran.
Initial Dialogue Edit
- "The Mau are up to something...and I think I know what it is.
- Deep within the earth under Mahindel Swamp, I can feel pulses of energy. Mystical energy.
- I've studied this sort of thing before. That's why Brigade General Suthran assigned me to this forward post.
- But if I'm going to learn more, [Player Name], I'm going to need your help."
- "What can I do?"
- "I'm not going to lie. This is a really dangerous task--too dangerous for me.
- Go to the entrance of the Black Claw Outpost and examine the large totem. I need to know what the Mau are placing there as offerings.
- The Mau will tear apart any intruders, but I can give you a magical disguise that will make you look like a Mau. Don't talk or fight, and it should hold up...for a little while."
- "The task is mine!"
- (cut scene)
- "Remember, this disguise won't last for long. Get a close look at the base of the totem on the hill, then head back right away.
- Let me know when you are ready, and I will transform you."
- "Transform me!"
Intermediate Dialogue Edit
- Taora (failed examination)
- "What a disappointment. To complete the mission, I must transform you into a Mau again.
- But to do that, I need Malodor Thorns. They're an essential reagent for the magical disguise.
- Got any? If not, you'll need to hunt ."
- "Here are some Malodor Thorns."
Failed Item Check Edit
- "I told you that I didn't have enough Malodor Thorns to transform you into a Mau.
- Without the proper reagents, there is nothing I can do for you.
- Go and get Malodor Thorns.
- "On my way."
Successful Item Check Edit
- "Now the reagents for the disguise are ready. I can transform you into a Mau again.
- Remember! You will not remain in disguise for long! You must be quick!
- And be careful. The Mau will see the real you if you touch or talk to them."
- "Transform me!"
- Taora (successful examination)
- "Did you visit the large totem? What offerings were piled at the base?
- Mystic energy is cascading through the Black Claw Outpost, and we need to figure out where it's coming from."
- "No offerings, just three Skurvs."
- "No offerings at all? Hmm. I wasn't expecting that.
- If the Mau aren't using the main totem to channel energy, then where is it coming from?
- Did you see anything else up there? Anything that looked...I don't know...ceremonial?"
- "Just some smaller totems marked 'Zemurru.'"
- "Zemurru? He's a legend to the Black Claw Mau, who say he taught them to hunt and gave them a craving for Human flesh.
- The Mau venerate Zemurru, so those Zemurru Totems symbolize their hero.
- If the Mau are worshiping those totems, that might cause the surges of mystical energy. There's only one way to find out: destroy them!"
- "Destroy? I can do that!"
- "Go into their base and destroy all three of Zemurru's Totems.
- Be careful, because the totems are heavily guarded. And because you'll need to physically destroy the totems, my magical disguise will do you no good."
- Blood for blood, [Player Name]. May Azphel be your shadow."
- "Blood for blood!"
- Taora (after destroying 3 totems)
- "I wish I was more of a soldier. Then I could go fight the Mau with you.
- Did you destroy the three Zemurru's Totems?"
- "I destroyed them."
- "I doubt any other Daeva could have penetrated so deeply into the Black Claw Outpost. All of Asmodae is proud of you today, [Player Name].
- I'll give you the privilege of reporting our success to Brigade General Suthran personally.
- Go back to Altgard Fortress and give him the good news."
- "On my way!"
Reward Dialogue Edit
- "Are you [Player Name]? Many Archons talk of your feats. Not that I approve of gossip in the ranks, mind you.
- Tell me about this grievous blow you inflicted on the Black Claw Tribe."
- "There were three totems..."
- "Hmm. So you've destroyed totems of uncertain purpose, and we still don't know what the Mau are up to. I was hoping Taora and you would uncover something useful.
- It's a good thing I can recognize exaggeration when I hear it coming from my subordinates' mouths, isn't it?
- Here's a reward for duty I'd call...adequate. But know this, [Player Class]: I expect more. A lot more."
Taora sensed pulses of mystic energy coming from the Black Claw Tribe. She transformed you into a Mau to get close and see what offerings they were placing under their great totem.
You found no offerings when you scouted the totem but did see three smaller totems marked with the name Zemurru. Taora conjectured that Zemurru's Tokens were responsible for the energy pulses. You destroyed the totems, then went to the Altgard Fortress and reported the result to Brigade General Suthran.
External Links Edit