Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Given by|| Hisui |
in Primum Fortress
|In-game Link||[quest: 2071]|
Order: To carry out missions in the Abyss, you should learn the Balaur language. Meet Hisui and hear the details.
Quest Information Edit
- Talk with Hisui.
- Talk to Sinjah.
- Weaken the Ashikar Assaulter and lure it out.
- Talk with Grunn.
- Talk with Kaoranerk.
- Speak with .
- Bring the to Kaoranerk.
- Report the result to Hisui.
Basic Reward Edit
After getting the quest, fly over to the Krakon's Dispute area near Sulfur Fortress in Reshanta to talk to Sinjah. Pull a nearby Ashikar Assaulter towards Sinjah, weakening it by attacking it to under 25% health. Then back to Primum to talk to Grunn and Kaoranerk. Go to Pandaemonium to the Temple of Knowledge to talk to Phosphor, then return to Kaorunerk. Finally, talk to Hisui to collect your reward.
Initial Dialogue Edit
- "Azphel himself says, "Know your enemy." If you're going to know your enemy here in Reshanta, you should learn how to speak like a Balaur.
- It can be a matter of life and death. When a Balaur shouts "Charge!" or "Retreat!" you'll want to know which one they're shouting, eh?
- And if we ever send you on a scouting mission, you'll be a lot more useful if you can overhear the Balaur plans."
- "So teach me."
- "That's not as easy as it sounds. The Balaur language is ancient and difficult for Humans to pronounce. Even with a great instructor, it'd take years to learn the Balaur tongue the traditional way.
- But recently we figured out a shortcut.
- The first step is capturing a Balaur. Go to the Krakon and meet Sinjah; she'll point you in the right direction."
- "On my way"
Intermediate Dialogue Edit
- "Azphelumbra, [Player Class].
- Are you here for instruction? Or just to get a report on recent Balaur activity?"
- "I need to capture a Balaur."
- "See the pillar over there? Lots of Balaur.
- Maybe the pillar is the remnant of an ancient Balaur weapon--I don't know much history. But they cluster around it. That much I do know.
- Go there and catch a Ashikar Assaulter. Once it's badly wounded, it should give itself up for capture. Then bring it here."
- "Blood for blood!"
- "I've been waiting for you, [Player Name]. You're trying to learn the Balaur language, right?
- We used to learn bits of the language from captured Balaur as they raged against their chains--and you don't exactly get a broad vocabulary that way.
- Now, we've got a better technique."
- "What's the new way?"
- "A Shugo inventor called Kaoranerk came up with it, actually--a machine that imparts an understanding of the Balaur language to a Human.
- So rather than months of instruction, you get to learn it in an instant. You're quite lucky, [Player Name].
- That's where I sent the Ashikar--to Kaoranerk. Go straight along the fortress wall and you'll see him there."
- "On my way."
- "Welcome, akakak! Here to learn the Balaur language?
- Welcome, welcome!
- You're really lucky. My method teaches the Balaur language instantly--and it's not lethal!"
- "I guess that's good..."
- "Well, it would be good if the machine were operational.
- But the Language Crystal is burnt out, and I don't have a spare, nyerk.
- Phosphor at the Temple of Knowledge in Pandaemonium has crystals. You're the student, so you can fetch it for me...akakak!"
- "On it!"
- "What brings you here? Are you a seeker of unknown lore?
- Ask for wisdom quietly, so you don't disturb other knowledge-seekers."
- "Kaoranerk sent me."
- "Ah, you came for a Language Crystal, then. That's the only thing Kaoranerk ever asks for.
- Remind him that these things are strictly experimental, won't you? I think he forgets the power he's meddling with sometimes.
- This crystal should work--if it doesn't explode into a million jagged shards. Take it to Kaoranerk."
- "Thank you, Phosphor."
- "You came back, Daeva!
- Have you been to Phosphor? Then give me the Language Crystal...akakak!"
- "Here you go."
- "It is done! As I expected, it works perfectly.
- And you were so worried!
- Now you speak Balaur like a Balaur. So go kill some Balaur...akakak!"
- "Blood for blood!"
Reward Dialogue Edit
- "Azphelumbra, [Player Name].
- You met Sinjah and Grunn, I take it.
- And you speak Balaur like a native, eh?"
- "I learned it, yes."
- "Your brains aren't scrambled, so that means Kaoranerk's invention really works.
- I'll start sending other Daevas to him, and that'll give us a significant advantage on the battlefield.
- And because you can speak the Balaur language, I'm sure I'll have some intelligence-gathering missions for you in the future."
Hisui said the first step to learning the Balaur language was to catch a Balaur alive, so you caught a Draconute with the help of Sinjah in the Krakon.
Sinjah told you she'd bring the Draconute to the fortress, and she sent you to go to Grunn. Grunn sent the Balaur to Kaoranerk, a Shugo inventor who built a machine that teaches people the Balaur language very easily. Kaoranerk had you retrieve a Language Crystal from Phosphor in the Temple of Knowledge for his machine.
You brought back the Language Crystal and took it to Kaoranerk. His machine taught you to understand the Balaur language. Hisui said she'd surely give important missions to you in the future.
External Links Edit