|Given by|| |
in Dubaro Vine Canyon
|In-game Link||[quest: 2129]|
Nalto said the Mau in Hatata's Hideout have been behaving strangely. He asked you to take out Hatata the Torturer and Gray Mane Strongfurs in the area.
Quest Information Edit
Basic Reward Edit
- 8,350 XP
Talk with Nalto to receive the quest. Kill Hatata the Torturer and his Grey Mane Strongfurs (located at the end of Dubaro Vine Canyon). Speak with Nalto to finish quest and get reward.
Initial Dialogue Edit
- "Those sneaky Mau down in Dubaro Vine Canyon are lookin' more and more dodgy every day. I don't like it, not one bit.
- See, I've been watchin' the Gray Mane Strongfurs over the last few weeks. I ain't no strategic mastermind or nothin', but I do know when those Mau get trainin', they do it for a reason. Their chief, Hatata the Torturer, is mobilizing his lot for somethin' big...
- If I had to guess, I'd say they're getting ready for a raid.... Against us."
- "Yeah, I thought so, too. So I went to Aldelle Village, and the boss just says "Nalto, you're a big tough lad, you show them kitties what the raiders are made of!"
- Thing is, there's over forty of them Mau down there!
- I asked around, but no one else will help out. And here I was, thinkin' this post would be a right old breeze....
- How about you? Will you help by takin' out a few of the Gray Mane Strongfurs and maybe even Hatata the Torturer himself? They 're all deep inside the Dubaro Vine Canyon."
- "You've gotta be a tough nut to have gotten this far, but still--them tabbies ain't no walkover. Hatata the Torturer is huge, and you'll have to be in tip-top form if you're going to best him.
- If you have everything you need, I suggest you hurry and get to it before them Mau get their raid started. Head to the Dubaro Vine Canyon and get crackin'!"
- "I'll crack some Mau heads!"
- Aw, come on! Think of the loot you'll get off of all those Mau! You'll be rollin' in Kinah!
- Think about it, all right? The safety of the whole village is at stake here, and there ain't no way I'm gonna come out alive if I try to stop 'em..."
- "I'll think about it."
Reward Dialogue Edit
- "You been to the Dubaro Vine Canyon already?
- No cuts...no bruises.... Either you backed out or you're a darn sight better at throwin' your weight around than me. What about Hatata the Torturer--has he been dealt with?"
- "Yes, he's dead."
- "Yes! Nalto and [Player Name]--saviors of the Ulgorn raiders! I like it, I like it a lot. We're in for a big fat bonus for this one, I'm sure of it!
- Here's your reward--you did well."
Nostra[sic] told you that the Mau have gathered in Hatata's Hideout, and he believed they were planning to raid Aldelle Village. Acting preemptively, you killed Hatata the Torturer and several Gray Mane Strongfurs on his behalf, quashing the attack before it had even began.
- Priests should take the Fighter's Handguards reward instead of the leather since they will be able to wear it once they ascend.
- In the summary, Nalto is still referred to as Nostra; this NPCs previous in-game name.