Rainbel - Aion WikiEdit
Don't bother editing List:Asmodian_Tailoring_work_orders or List:Elyos_Tailoring_work_orders I'm just making first edits, will edit everything on the pages on and on, 1st I want to type all the materials then after I finish this I'll start differentiating them from each other, I don't know if you understood that or not :) I really appreciate your help, but the plan I'm working on for those pages might make me edit what you already edited to another thing (e.g. Thermal Underwear (70p) ... I discovered it should be Thermal Underwear (70p) (Asmodian) because there is another Thermal Underwear (70p) for Elyos ...and that's just 1 item ... almost everything in that page needs fixing like this ... but for now I'll keep it "Thermal Underwear" without differentiation, and later do that I said before). At the end I want to say, I really like you and love your help, and I'm not bothered at all, I just don't want you to get tired with me or edit something that is temp. and will be edited again for sure (100%). Ty. Rainbel (talk) 22:57, March 30, 2013 (UTC)
- If they are going to be temporary edits, you can always create them in your sandbox and then move them over later. However, seeing as these pages didn't really exist before (or were in bad shape) that's really not much of an issue. And yeah, having one of us change something in one location, but not the others can be a pain. Surriela and I look at every page that is created/edited here and try to update them to match our unwritten MoS (Manual of Style) for consistency. The real issue is that a lot of these pages were created so long ago that good examples are hard to find. Some of them were done in the old way of documenting them. The Thermal Underwear pages look to be correct now and should be used as your guide moving forward. Feel free to ask if you need help with anything.
- One last thing... what your wrote above for Thermal was incorrect. We never dual disambig in that manner -- (70p) (Asmodian) -- if anything, it should be (Asmodian 70p) -- put the two together into one. That example was changed to (Asmodian item) since the 70p doesn't need to be used since it's only used for one quest. The disambiguation pages bring all this together for users searching for the information. Rappy 23:25, March 30, 2013 (UTC)
- That's some great information you wrote above, and I'll take the Thermal Underwear page as my guidline for all the dismbig things, thanks as well for correcting me, because I was going to make like 100 items with (...)(..p) instead (.... ..p), good thing I was delayed by my legion so you had the time to correct my "was going to be" mistake. <3 Rainbel (talk) 03:18, March 31, 2013 (UTC)
- Depends on how many exist. For instance, if there's a quest that shares the same name as an area... Octanu's Lair (quest) and Octanu's Lair, we set the one that the user is most likely looking for as the main page (the area) and disambig the other. If the difference is that one is an item and the other is another item, you can end up with issues like this Scolopen Poison (edit the page to see how they were disambig'd).
- In short, if there is only two items, and the main difference is that one is Asmodian and the other is Elyos, then go with the simplest difference -- (Asmodian) and (Elyos). Rappy 04:16, March 31, 2013 (UTC)
- Thermal Underwear is a QUEST and ITEM with the same name.... so you need (Asmodian item) for the item. For most, as Rappy says - all you need is xxxxx (Asmodian) and xxxxx (Elyos). The Scolopen page helps to show a different way to do a disambig. I run into this with NPCs too. The most likely one that someone is likely to look for is the one that we leave as the XXXXX. Using a disambig page (Scolopen Poison) shows the reader all the choices to get the one they want. AND links that someone does not correctly link will take people to the disambig page.... hope that helps. Surriela (talk) 04:30, March 31, 2013 (UTC)
- The most significant entity should be disambig'd the least. For instance, if there is a quest, item and area that share the same name (even if they are on both sides) mentally think of which is the most likely to be viewed. For that example, I'd think the area would be the most likely. I'd then create "Blah (Asmodian)", "Blah (Asmodian item)", "Blah (Asmodian quest)" -- then the same for Elyos. Then, create the "Blah" page that links to all 6 of them so they are easy to be found. This is a real tricky subject, so please ask if you're unsure. It's always easy to move the pages afterwards if it needs to be... Rappy 04:35, March 31, 2013 (UTC)
- Thanks for the help on List:Asmodian Cooking work orders and sorry for being slow (some network connection problems), i read the note you left (no need for |icon= if page exists), ty so much for that too.
(reset indent) |icon= was our lazy setup to show icons without creating the item's page. So yeah, if the item page is created, there's no need for that anymore. :) Rappy 04:42, April 15, 2013 (UTC)
Hello, my name is DarkCyberWolf. I am sorry to disturb you, but I have a question: On Percy Jackson Fanfiction Wiki you seem to have blocked my user, at least on one of the computers I use, and the reasons noted mention vandalism on my part. If it is not too much of a bother, what exactly have I done to warrant the block? Why don't you make like M. C. Escher and get over yourself? (talk) 03:26, May 3, 2013 (UTC)
- Please write in to Special:Contact/general with the full block reason you receive when trying to edit. Rappy 20:16, May 3, 2013 (UTC)
When this wiki was first added to the Wikia Gaming Footer, I added the Wikia Gaming Footer to this wiki.
Afterwards, Surriela removed the Wikia Gaming Footer from the main page of this wiki. Therefore I have removed this wiki from the Wikia Gaming Footer. Feel free to re-add the Wikia Gaming Footer to this wiki if you wish for this wiki to be re-added to the Wikia Gaming Footer. -452 13:50, May 9, 2013 (UTC) (and 13:51, May 9, 2013 (UTC))
- It's a list of Wikia Gaming sites; not an affiliate list. Nowhere has it been said that all wikis on that list are required to have the template on their main page. Rappy 22:30, May 9, 2013 (UTC)
- Unfortunately, having the template on the wiki's main page actually hurts SEO. That is why we removed it. But having the Central template of gaming wikis is generally a good idea. Either way, Special:Promote seems to pull in more users than the gaming footer (from other wikis). Other than the hubs, there's not really a good list of big(ger) wikis. Rappy 23:04, May 9, 2013 (UTC)
Noob mistake Edit
Hiya Rappy :)
Guess you want all the pages to have the same template/style. My bad, I'll change the ones I've already made. ;)
- It's cool. That's part of what I do here to help maintain consistency. :) Rappy 18:06, June 5, 2013 (UTC)
Limited Sales Items Edit
We need to add support for the sales limit and purchase limit for these kinds of items. They all have the same phrase for a limited item which says - This is a limited sale item with a daily purchase limit, and can only be purchased again 24 hours after the time of last purchase. Sold-out items will be restocked at certain hours.