Rainbel - Aion WikiEdit
Don't bother editing List:Asmodian_Tailoring_work_orders or List:Elyos_Tailoring_work_orders I'm just making first edits, will edit everything on the pages on and on, 1st I want to type all the materials then after I finish this I'll start differentiating them from each other, I don't know if you understood that or not :) I really appreciate your help, but the plan I'm working on for those pages might make me edit what you already edited to another thing (e.g. Thermal Underwear (70p) ... I discovered it should be Thermal Underwear (70p) (Asmodian) because there is another Thermal Underwear (70p) for Elyos ...and that's just 1 item ... almost everything in that page needs fixing like this ... but for now I'll keep it "Thermal Underwear" without differentiation, and later do that I said before). At the end I want to say, I really like you and love your help, and I'm not bothered at all, I just don't want you to get tired with me or edit something that is temp. and will be edited again for sure (100%). Ty. Rainbel (talk) 22:57, March 30, 2013 (UTC)
- If they are going to be temporary edits, you can always create them in your sandbox and then move them over later. However, seeing as these pages didn't really exist before (or were in bad shape) that's really not much of an issue. And yeah, having one of us change something in one location, but not the others can be a pain. Surriela and I look at every page that is created/edited here and try to update them to match our unwritten MoS (Manual of Style) for consistency. The real issue is that a lot of these pages were created so long ago that good examples are hard to find. Some of them were done in the old way of documenting them. The Thermal Underwear pages look to be correct now and should be used as your guide moving forward. Feel free to ask if you need help with anything.
- One last thing... what your wrote above for Thermal was incorrect. We never dual disambig in that manner -- (70p) (Asmodian) -- if anything, it should be (Asmodian 70p) -- put the two together into one. That example was changed to (Asmodian item) since the 70p doesn't need to be used since it's only used for one quest. The disambiguation pages bring all this together for users searching for the information. Rappy 23:25, March 30, 2013 (UTC)
- That's some great information you wrote above, and I'll take the Thermal Underwear page as my guidline for all the dismbig things, thanks as well for correcting me, because I was going to make like 100 items with (...)(..p) instead (.... ..p), good thing I was delayed by my legion so you had the time to correct my "was going to be" mistake. <3 Rainbel (talk) 03:18, March 31, 2013 (UTC)
- Depends on how many exist. For instance, if there's a quest that shares the same name as an area... Octanu's Lair (quest) and Octanu's Lair, we set the one that the user is most likely looking for as the main page (the area) and disambig the other. If the difference is that one is an item and the other is another item, you can end up with issues like this Scolopen Poison (edit the page to see how they were disambig'd).
- In short, if there is only two items, and the main difference is that one is Asmodian and the other is Elyos, then go with the simplest difference -- (Asmodian) and (Elyos). Rappy 04:16, March 31, 2013 (UTC)
- Thermal Underwear is a QUEST and ITEM with the same name.... so you need (Asmodian item) for the item. For most, as Rappy says - all you need is xxxxx (Asmodian) and xxxxx (Elyos). The Scolopen page helps to show a different way to do a disambig. I run into this with NPCs too. The most likely one that someone is likely to look for is the one that we leave as the XXXXX. Using a disambig page (Scolopen Poison) shows the reader all the choices to get the one they want. AND links that someone does not correctly link will take people to the disambig page.... hope that helps. Surriela (talk) 04:30, March 31, 2013 (UTC)
- The most significant entity should be disambig'd the least. For instance, if there is a quest, item and area that share the same name (even if they are on both sides) mentally think of which is the most likely to be viewed. For that example, I'd think the area would be the most likely. I'd then create "Blah (Asmodian)", "Blah (Asmodian item)", "Blah (Asmodian quest)" -- then the same for Elyos. Then, create the "Blah" page that links to all 6 of them so they are easy to be found. This is a real tricky subject, so please ask if you're unsure. It's always easy to move the pages afterwards if it needs to be... Rappy 04:35, March 31, 2013 (UTC)
- Thanks for the help on List:Asmodian Cooking work orders and sorry for being slow (some network connection problems), i read the note you left (no need for |icon= if page exists), ty so much for that too.
(reset indent) |icon= was our lazy setup to show icons without creating the item's page. So yeah, if the item page is created, there's no need for that anymore. :) Rappy 04:42, April 15, 2013 (UTC)
Hello, my name is DarkCyberWolf. I am sorry to disturb you, but I have a question: On Percy Jackson Fanfiction Wiki you seem to have blocked my user, at least on one of the computers I use, and the reasons noted mention vandalism on my part. If it is not too much of a bother, what exactly have I done to warrant the block? Why don't you make like M. C. Escher and get over yourself? (talk) 03:26, May 3, 2013 (UTC)
- Please write in to Special:Contact/general with the full block reason you receive when trying to edit. Rappy 20:16, May 3, 2013 (UTC)
When this wiki was first added to the Wikia Gaming Footer, I added the Wikia Gaming Footer to this wiki.
Afterwards, Surriela removed the Wikia Gaming Footer from the main page of this wiki. Therefore I have removed this wiki from the Wikia Gaming Footer. Feel free to re-add the Wikia Gaming Footer to this wiki if you wish for this wiki to be re-added to the Wikia Gaming Footer. -452 13:50, May 9, 2013 (UTC) (and 13:51, May 9, 2013 (UTC))
- It's a list of Wikia Gaming sites; not an affiliate list. Nowhere has it been said that all wikis on that list are required to have the template on their main page. Rappy 22:30, May 9, 2013 (UTC)
- Unfortunately, having the template on the wiki's main page actually hurts SEO. That is why we removed it. But having the Central template of gaming wikis is generally a good idea. Either way, Special:Promote seems to pull in more users than the gaming footer (from other wikis). Other than the hubs, there's not really a good list of big(ger) wikis. Rappy 23:04, May 9, 2013 (UTC)
Noob mistake Edit
Hiya Rappy :)
Guess you want all the pages to have the same template/style. My bad, I'll change the ones I've already made. ;)
- It's cool. That's part of what I do here to help maintain consistency. :) Rappy 18:06, June 5, 2013 (UTC)
Limited Sales Items Edit
We need to add support for the sales limit and purchase limit for these kinds of items. They all have the same phrase for a limited item which says - This is a limited sale item with a daily purchase limit, and can only be purchased again 24 hours after the time of last purchase. Sold-out items will be restocked at certain hours.
Hi Rappy - The logo for wiki is very very outdated I located the latest logo from the Aion website at http://na.aiononline.com/global/includes/images/template-items/4point0-transparent-logo.png . There is also this official logo which is smaller http://na.aiononline.com/global/includes/images/template-items/footer/footer_aion_darkBetrayal_logo.png. I did not want to replace the site logo without your approval. Karretts (talk) 07:28, July 5, 2013 (UTC)
- You can't change the logo regardless. It requires an admin to do so. As Surriela said on her talk page, we were waiting for a good transparent logo to use. The first one is transparent, but due to my limited graphics skills, looks really bad when shrunk down to fit the area we have to work with. Rappy 17:18, July 5, 2013 (UTC)
- That would be awesome. I tried myself, but I am not that great at transparency. The image I was trying to manipulate was this one. The restrictions are 65 in height and no more than 250 width (preferably less than 225px). I look forward to what you can do. :) Rappy 00:52, July 6, 2013 (UTC)
Hit a snag Edit
Was looking all over the net for the Muse/Songweaver - Thec/Gunner logo button image. Looks like Aion changed their format. The Only way to get the image to add it to the class page in the same format as the other classes is to make the image ourselves. I can try to see if I can decolor their logo image on the user creation page and put it on one of the blue button images [example] maybe but I dont know how it will come out. - The Other option is to change all the button logo images to all classes to match the new colored logo format on the Aion user selection screen.Karretts (talk) 02:54, July 6, 2013 (UTC)
- Yeah. I was talking to Surriela about this the other day as well... I'd be happier getting those page fleshed out first than worrying about the logos. I will check the in-game assets to see if I can't find images we can use to fit the deal now. Rappy 17:34, July 6, 2013 (UTC)
Hi I am a chanter in game while it is true that we do not get a staff till after we asscend, it is not true that we wear Cloth or leather. It may have been the case before 2.7 but since then you start the game as a priest with chain armor and chain drops from mobs from 1-10 before you asscend
Preist start the game with the Mace Sheild and chain armor
- I just started a new priest and they start with leather armor, and a mace.Surriela (talk) 22:14, July 10, 2013 (UTC)
- Yes, chain armor drops, but it's only available for the warrior class (since they do not gain the ability to wear plate until they ascend into a Templar or Gladiator). The Priest class is the class you are from 1-9 and they do not gain the ability to wear chain or use a staff until they ascend. Rappy 23:45, July 10, 2013 (UTC)
Template with charge optionsEdit
I made a template with a charge skill option. You can of course change it around but its working now
You can see the output here
This is the sheet I'm using to populate it here
- Nice. I see that it works decently. I made a slight change to the pages. I'm concerned about placing the 3 stages at the top next to the skill's icon. With skills that have a cooldown, duration, casttime and/or upkeep, that's a huge list. Perhaps we can just simply list stage 1 in that sidebar and enumerate 2/3 in the tooltip or elsewhere on the page. I will talk with Surriela on this tomorrow and see if we can't brainstorm something. Good work on getting that worked out. Rappy 05:15, July 24, 2013 (UTC)
- NP it was fustrating me that no sites anywhere list the charge skills yet. Would be awesome if this one was the first. Be kind of kick ass to have it look just like aion. I have it so that if there is no description added for charge 2 and 3 the box will look the same as it did. The only time the charge skill stage 2 and 3 show is when a desc2 or desc3 are filled in. Same with the cast times and MP|DP in the right hand table
- There's a lot of nice things we have that no other/many other sites do... Like our book pages... But yeah, I can probably futher tweak that as to not need as many inputs. I'd have to get in game and look at how they are set up now... I'll get Surriela to weigh her input on this tomorrow and we can see where to go from there. Rappy 05:25, July 24, 2013 (UTC)